Already early I was interested in horses. With the pony of my older sister I did not necessarily learn to ride, but rather practised fall technique, but nevertheless or perhaps just because of that I was fascinated by horses. At the age of eleven I became the proud owner of a young Freiberger mare, with whom I spent all my free time from now on and who brought me a lot for my riding. It has always been clear to me that I wanted to learn a profession in the environment of horses. I was particularly fascinated by the craft of the blacksmith. For hours I was able to watch our village blacksmith how skillfully he adjusted the horses' irons. So it was obvious that I became a farrier.
After school I started an apprenticeship as a blacksmith and as a 23 year old I opened my own shop. Nobody knew me at that time and since then I have continued to educate myself. I still spend a few days every year with my American teacher Ric Redden. In the meantime I have become a sought-after farrier and HUFTECH has a total of six employees. My partners support me in this demanding task. To compensate for this, I continue to compete in show jumping and my show horses are used in a wide variety of jumping competitions. This allows me to pursue both my profession and my hobby successfully at the same time.
Education and training
- 2012/08: Equine Podiatry, Versailles, Kentucky (USA), with Dr. Ric Redden
- 2012/03: Workshop with Dr. Ric Redden by farrier Stefan Wehrli in Heldswil
- 2011/08: Equine Podiatry, Versailles, Kentucky (USA), with Dr. Ric Redden
- 2011/02: Workshop with Dr. Ric Redden by farrier Stefan Wehrli in Heldswil
- 2010/11: Workshop with farrier Stefan Wehrli in Paris
- 2010/08: Equine Podiatry, Versailles, Kentucky (USA), with Dr. Ric Redden
- 2010/02: Workshop with Dr. Ric Redden by farrier Stefan Wehrli in Heldswil
6 reasons to choose us...
1. great experience and corresponding references as a farrier.
2. Training and further education always up to date.
3. Own and well-equipped infrastructure at the animal hospital in Bern.
4. With Huftech a helpful supplement for problematic horses.
5. Cooperation with highly competent specialists (blacksmiths, veterinarians).
6. Possibilities such as digital X-rays and venograms in close cooperation with veterinarians.